This article will talk about how to use Firefox proxy on various Firefox proxy addons like SwitchyOmega, FoxyProxy or Best Proxy Switcher.
The world is edging closer to digitization, and hence the use of computers is paramount in every sector of the economy.
The growth of internet connectivity has enabled people to access information from all parts of the world with a click of the mouse.
There are various browsers out there that will allow you to surf the internet and access vital information online.
Mozilla Firefox is among the best browsers and has a friendly user interface to enable you to to have an excellent experience.
During surfing of the internet, it is imperative to ensure you are safe and secure to access the information you want.
Through the use of a proxy server, you are guaranteed a safe and private browsing experience while using Mozilla Firefox.
A proxy server is a medium between the client’s computer and other servers.
A proxy will request information on your behalf and let you access your favorite websites with ease.
The information in this guide gives you the tips on how to set up a proxy Mozilla Firefox and its benefits.
Reasons for Proxy Usage
The advantages of accessing the internet through the proxy include the following;
1. You can surf the internet anonymously with the proxy server. A proxy server will ensure that your computer’s IP address is hidden, thus preventing you from attacks by unknown hackers.
2. A proxy server will also help you to unblock content from various blocked websites in a company. The proxy server will bypass these security restrictions and enable you easy access to those websites.
3. A proxy server is also useful when you want to bypass country-specific content. The proxy server will bypass a server with a geo-location restriction of a specific country and help you have access the content you like.
4. A proxy server will also let you accelerate your internet surfing speed. A proxy acts as an intermediary letting you have access to websites in a fast way.
How to Add and Use a Proxy Mozilla Firefox
Mozilla Firefox is an excellent browser that allows you to set up a custom proxy server.
The following procedure will let you have proxy settings in Mozilla Firefox.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Add a Firefox Proxy
Launch the Mozilla Firefox Application from the start menu on your PC. Locate the Firefox Menu and click on it.
Under the Firefox menu, locate the Options tab and click on it. Click on the Advanced icon of the options tab
Locate the Network tab and click on it. Under the Network Tab, choose the Connection tab in the drop-down menu and click on the Settings button on the right side.
You will be prompted with four alternative proxy options settings.
These options include;
– No Proxy- for those who do not require a proxy server
– Auto-detect proxy settings for this network – For those who want Mozilla to detect the proxy settings in their network automatically
– Use system proxy settings – For those who want to use proxy settings configured for their operating system
– Manual Proxy Configuration- For people who wish to customize their proxy settings.
You can select the option that best suits your needs.
Firefox Add-on Modules
Various Firefox add-on modules utilize proxies.
Some of the common ones include: Best Proxy Switcher, Foxy Proxy, SwitchyOmega, among others.
Best Proxy Switcher
Best Proxy Switcher
is a Firefox add-on which would allow you to switch proxies easily through the browser.
Once installed on Firefox, the add-on will allow you to import a list of proxy IPs that you can use on the browser.
Switching proxies is a breeze – all you need to do is to click on that proxy IP and the add-on will switch for you – simple as that!
is yet another Firefox add-on which allows you to add your proxy IP into the browser, and then you can switch to a new IP with a click of a button.
The add-on is straight forward enough – Just “Add New Proxy” into the add-on, and you’re done!
is available on both Firefox and Chrome and once integrated, it allows you to automatically switch proxy on the browser.
There is an “Auto Switch” option on the add-on, which once activated, it will switch your proxies automatically, without needing you to do anything else.
This add-on is perfect for anyone that likes a fire-and-forget add-on that works automatically and seamlessly on the browser.
Reasons Why You Should Use High-quality Private Proxies for Mozilla Firefox
High-quality private proxies are essential for the following reasons:
- You will comfortably surf the internet with a guarantee of private safety.
- You will have the ability to configure your settings to get the best experience from high-quality proxies.